Friday, October 10, 2014

New Beginnings: Plan B

The man who Joey has been talking with about bartering the RV for Joey's labor to build a barn just got a little more annoying.  Now the guy wants Joey to build a barn and also pay him $12,000 for the RV above all the work Joey has planned out to do...  I think God is closing that door now.  Our last RV we had we bought for $12,000 and Joey didn't have to leave for 6 weeks or build anything.  Back to the drawing board.

Today I delivered a baby toy to a friend, sold a toy organizer, and passed on a doll house and a toy box that was given to us.  It felt scary, wonderful, and a little invigorating.  Hearing God's voice, and then following it in something this crazy is a very strange feeling I can't really explain.  It starts with a little anxiety followed by excitement and a little relief.  I can hear the Holy Spirit whispering to me that God will continue to bless us abundantly, and to just bless others.

However, not knowing where I am going to be living come December 1st should be terrifying to me at this point.  I am thrilled instead, and I can't wait to see what God is going to do next.  If the barn thing fell through, was it just a distraction for Joey, until God can set up the perfect RV?  Or did God want to use this man, but the man's greed got in the way, so God is working on another person's heart?  Is Joey going to have a flood of work and we will have the money we need to just buy another RV?  Am I going to have to move in with some friends or family for an unknown amount of time?  I thank God for His peace that passes understanding right now, because I should be in a corner of my closet crying right now!

But I will trust in the Lord my God with all my heart, with all my soul, with all my strength.  And I will not worry about tomorrow, because I know my God will handle all the details.