Thursday, October 23, 2014

I Think I Get It...

Alright, by now you have figured out that I am a God girl.  Today I had a thought that I wish I had realized a long time ago, but I guess I needed to learn a lot to get here.  The Bible.  All it is is a bunch of people telling each other, "You will never believe this, but....." and they actually listened to God and wrote it down.  I am finding the stories relevant in my own life right now, as well as in friend's lives, as I listen to them tell about what they are going through.  It is crazy that I am 35 years old, and I have read the Bible on and off over the years.  I know a lot of the stories, and have some scripture memorized, though I might not know exactly where it is in the Bible.  I am just now experiencing the relation from the stories I am personally reading directly to what is going on in my life right now.

I have felt a very close connect to God mostly through prayer.  I enjoy prayer, I am comfortable praying for others, or out-loud with a group of people.  I am so thankful for my intuition, I think another word for it is discernment, and I know that is from my connection to God.  And through all my wild and crazy years, that alone protected me over and over.  But the Bible?  It has always just been a bit confusing and mostly boring to me all of these years.

You know what I think helped?  The magic of apps.  The You Version Bible app (not a paid endorsement) is great!  I can highlight and find verses quickly, but the best part is that you can change versions of the Bible to compare the words to hopefully make it make more sense.  I like to think I am pretty smart... though very forgetful, but I find the ERV (Holy Bible - Easy Reader Version) is fantastic!  It is written for 3rd graders to understand.  Maybe even 1st graders.  And then I will switch to the NIV and the KJV for a strong comparison.  And if I am feeling really inspired, I will check out the Amplified Version, that one is fun.

I need to go to bed, but I need to close like this.  If you are being nudged to read the Bible, whether for the first time, or the first time in a long time, just do it.  Pick a verse you already know, and read the chapter surrounding it.  Or just stick your thumb in the pages and open it and read.  Or find a study to do in the Bible App... they have tons of quick and easy ones.  I will pray that God will talk to you the way He is speaking to me right now through His Word.  I finally get what that means!  When I blog, I pray for His words.  His Words.

Good night.

1 comment:

  1. PS: If you are looking for another RV update, that will come soon. We are just waiting to see what happens next. I know that He is working on someone else's heart, and we just have to be patient. Not my strong suit.

    ReplyDelete