Saturday, January 31, 2015

The Laundry




Recently, I asked my Facebook friends on the Rollin' with the Rowas page if there were any questions about how we live life now.  My sweet friend wanted to know how we do laundry and organize clothes in such a small space.  So, here ya go.  
We keep two tall laundry baskets in the shower so that they are out of the way.  They are easy to move for a shower and big enough to hold one load of laundry each.  


We are so very blessed to be parked at a friends house to save money and to be able to be closer to her until we travel this summer.  We are also amazingly blessed to be living close to my parents house, because that is also our shower house and laundromat. (since we are not at an RV park, which supplies both) 
When the laundry baskets are full, we just was over to "Gaga and Papa's" house to hang out, shower and wash clothes.  When we will be traveling, we will use the local laundromat or at the RV parks (laundromat) we will camp in along the way.

The more important part of doing laundry in an RV is how to store it.  Especially with 5 girls on the bus!  You might know that my hubby, Joey, is a bit of a handy man.  He rebuilt our bed frame (see a previous blog) to provide more storage for clothes and shoes.  He is brilliant!
You can see in the picture that Ivy's clothes are all in one laundry basket, each girl has one with about two weeks worth of clothes in it.  There is also a shoe shelf above the clothes but still under the bed. Mainly for Joey's shoes (LOL)
One of the big reasons I fell in love with this particular RV is the full sized closet in the master bedroom.  It holds all the hanging clothes for Joey on one side, while Lily, Daisy, and I share the other half.  
The two littles, Ivy and Sunny, share another hanging cabinet for their dresses.  

I think that covers it for laundry, but I am guessing that you are now curious about showers, being that we have one in the RV but I mentioned that we take showers at my mom's house... I will write about that next!  :)

1 comment: